We ride even in the rain. Please come to class prepared for all weather.
Copyright © 2008 Emerald Coast Motorcycle Training, LLC
Motorcycles and helmets are provided.
We offer a military/law enforcement/fire department discount. Discounted cost for the Basic RiderCourse is $180
You must have a valid drivers license or permit to take the Basic RiderCourse. A motorcycle permit or endorsement is not required.
The bikes we ride:
In the Basic RiderCourse we ride on motorcycles which are all 250cc or less. Some of the types of bikes we have in our training fleet are the Suzuki 250 GZ, Honda 250 Nighthawk, and the 125 Kawasaki Eliminator.
You may ride your own motorcycle or scooter for the BRC if it meets the criteria below:
1. More than 100 cc and less than 500cc.
2. Insured. (You will be required to provide proof.)
3. Less than 400 pounds.
4. Seat height of 30" or less.
Please be aware that any damage which may occur to your personal motorcycle/scooter during the BRC is not the responsibility of Emerald Coast Motorcycle Training, LLC or the MSF or the FRTP.
Our courses are conducted on an enclosed, MSF approved range by professional certified RiderCoaches for your safety.
Private Basic RiderCourse - $500.00
This class is designed around your schedule and skill level. It is the BRC for motorcycle endorsement in a private setting.
Call to Register, 890-5932,
Head Start Training -
This is a class designed to suit the student's specific needs, conducted in a one-on-one environment with the instructor:
- Learn the basics prior to taking the Basic RiderCourse.
- Not sure if riding a motorcycle is right for you? A one hour private lesson on our bike will give you the info you need to make an informed decision prior to buying a motorcycle or taking the full $200 course.
- Want to work on specific skills you are having trouble with, even experienced riders can benefit from this class.
$50.00 per hour. Call to Register, 890-5932
Basic RiderCourse - $200.00
The Basic RiderCourse consists of 15 hours of instruction including approximately 5 hours in the classroom and 10 hours of intense motorcycle riding on the parking lot range. This course will teach you how to operate a motorcycle safely, and strongly emphasizes the special skills and mental attitude required for dealing with every day riding. Emerald Coast Motorcycle provides the training bikes for this course.
The Basic RiderCourse satisfies the State of Florida requirements for motorcycle endorsement.
FOR YOUR SAFETY
Students/Riders must provide and wear the following protective equipment during the riding sessions:
- DOT approved helmet (loaners are available)
- Long pants (denim jeans recommended)
- Boots that cover the ankles.
- Shirt or jacket with long sleeves.
- Eye protection (Face shield, sun glasses or prescription eyewear)
Our Motorcycle Fleet
Emerald Coast Motorcycle provides the training bikes for use in all our courses. All the bikes are under 250cc, and students can choose from different styles: